Thank you for your interest in applying to be an intern with UPHA! If you are interested in seeing how the board of a professional non-profit works, an UPHA internship might be the right fit for you. UPHA is looking for driven, self-starters who are interested in improving the organization. An ideal candidate will be in their junior or senior year of schooling, or a graduate student. Candidates must be able to work highly independently, with multiple members of the board. We are seeking someone with the following skills and/or an interest in learning: data analysis, data entry, organization, social media, writing, website publishing.
UPHA internships are unpaid, however, all expenses and mileage incurred while working on UPHA–related projects will be reimbursed. Also, interns will receive a complementary UPHA membership and conference registration for the 2019 Public Health Conference for Utah.
Internships will be approximately six months long. It is anticipated that internships will require approximately 2-4 hours/week. Schedules and locations are flexible.
UPHA has three different internship opportunities in the following areas:
Member Services Committee
• Coordinate a membership drive
• Prepare and update membership information for the UPHA website
• Data cleaning/deduplication of membership and constituent rosters
• Assist with analysis and reporting of the 2018 constituent survey
• Assist with website by writing, editing, and publishing content
• Assist with upkeep of social media channels, such as Facebook and LinkedIn
• Assist with development of a communications and branding plan for UPHA
• Assist in planning for the UPHA Advocacy Summit
• Prepare messaging and content to engage UPHA constituents in advocacy efforts (e.g., web content, action alerts,
social media posts, letters to the editor, etc.)
If you would like to apply, please send your resume and your responses to the questions below to email@example.com.
- Name and contact info (phone, email, address)
- School Name, Major, and Year in School
- Are you interested in working with: Communications, Advocacy, Member Services (Select all that apply)
- Please tell us more about yourself and the skills you bring (e.g., work experience, school projects, areas of study, personal interests)
- What are your objectives for completing an internship with UPHA?
- Please provide two references (name, relationship to you, phone number, email address)