Date & Time: Monday April 11, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Location: Sheraton Hotel, The Canyons Conference Room
Purpose: To provide Community Health Workers statewide access to resources, training, networking and continuing education/professional development.
- Training resources - state training resources for core competencies
- Overview of statewide standardized CHW training curriculum (CHW Broad-Based Coalition will have developed and approved standard curriculum by this date)
- APHA National CHW Section - overview of the national landscape for CHWs, what APHA CHW Section members do
- Advocacy - local and national
- CHW Employer Panel - what CHW’s are hired to do in the field
- CHW Panel - perspective of CHWs working and volunteering in the field
Target Audiences: Community Health Workers statewide, CHW employers, higher education, public health, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, media, non-profits, policy makers, government organizations, etc.